Friday, July 5, 2013

Jeremiah 29:11

I've been dying to write this post. Well, mostly I've been dying of morning all-the-time sickness, but also I've been chomping at the bit to share our news.  We've waited so long for this moment, and I was worried it would never come, but...

I am currently 10 weeks, and the baby's estimated date of arrival is January 31, 2014.  We're going to have a little New Year's baby! 

The Lord has just blessed my little family in so many ways, and I am so excited to share His blessings throughout this pregnancy.  I have to share this short story that only solidifies His existence for me.

Hubby and I have been trying for over a year for this sweet baby, and I found myself losing hope several times throughout this journey. I have wonderfully, amazing, supportive friends and family, and I just couldn't BE more grateful for that. (Chandler Bing anyone?) Throughout my months of negative tests, I always turned to the comfort of Jeremiah 29:11.



I found out I was pregnant on May 20, 2013 at only 4 weeks. While I was beyond excited,  I was also a constant nervous wreck that I was going to miscarry. On the weekend of May 31st at 5 weeks, I attended our yearly Beth Moore Conference with my mom and our sweet friends, Penny and Mandy.  At the door, the attendants were handing out greeting cards as a "special gift". I have been to several Beth Moore conferences and this is the first time they have ever done that. We got to out seats and I opened my card. Y'all are not going to believe this...look what it said on the inside!

Seriously, I cried.  The Lord is more amazing than we can ever know or imagine. Thank goodness He loves my sweet, growing family. 


"Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment