Monday, October 13, 2014

Eight Months

Dear Sawyer,

Month eight has me especially nostalgic.  I think it mostly has to has to do with the fact that I'm realizing we're on the downslope to your first birthday, and I'm just not quite sure where the time has gone.  I've been slower in our days together, recently.  More deliberate about relishing the moment.  I'm studying you closely each night.  Hoping to etch into my mind the chubbiness of your feet, the smallness of your hands, and perfect fit of your head in the crook of my arm.  Sweet boy, you are so perfect.  Our moments together are so perfectly wonderful.



You're crawling everywhere you can these days.  Laughing at the word "no", and smiling when you trying to stuff cords in your mouth.  You've eaten Maci's rawhide a few times, and we've basically baraccaded the living room so that you can only venture into parts declared to be baby-proof.  I'm fairly certain that Christmas will be entertaining this year since you are determined to be everywhere you're not supposed to be. 


Belly laughs are my favorite right now.  You love raspberries; both the giving and receiving of them. Your daddy can always get you going, and I just sit back and watch y'all together.  It makes my heart sing.  Speaking of singing, you love "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Loves Me", and "The ABCs".  I can almost guarantee that you will stop crying if I break out in song.  If I dance, too, I might even get a grunt.  You grunt when you want to laugh but don't want to laugh at the same time.


You definitely know your people: Aunts, Uncles, Ladybug, Mimi, Gigi, P-Paw, PawPaw, Mommy, and Daddy.  You've started crawling towards us and reaching your hands up when you want to be held.  You recognize voices and you love to Facetime.  In fact, you've taken to smiling each time the phone rings, and you're confused when you hear people talking but can't see their face. 
I want each day to last forever, but, at the same time, I can't wait to see the next discovery you make.  You are the light of our lives.  Forever and always.

Love,
Mommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment