Monday, January 26, 2015

52 Weeks

Dear Sawyer,

You are one.  


I promise not to be that mother that gives your age in weeks now that you are a year old. 

But, I will still hug and kiss you in public.  I'll try to be cool in front of your friends.

I promise to let you try new things now that you are a year old. 

But, I will always try to protect you from the dangers of the world. No, we still don't eat paper or dog food. 

I promise to let you walk one step ahead of me now that you are a year old.

But, I will be right there, one step behind, waiting to catch you if you fall. And, when you do fall, sweet boy, I will help you to know that pain is temporary but my love is forever. And so is His. Then, I will smother you with tickles and I will try to make you forget. 

I promise to let you explore independence now that you are a year old. 

But, I will still rock you to sleep and stand quietly by your crib.  There will be times, I'm sure, where I will still tiptoe into your room and watch your back rise and fall with your breath. 

I promise to sing with you daily, read to you nightly, and pray for you every second of every day. 

But, above all else, my precious child, I hope you know that He promises to hear your every need.  He will know, even before I do, what your heart desires.  And, when this world fails you, He never will.  

I promise I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 


Love,
Mommy


Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment