Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been planning Sawyer's first birthday since he was about three months old.  I even started a board on Pinterest. A secret board, so no one would suspect my true craziness.
Sawyer and I loved to read together, and one of my favorite books is Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.  I planned Sawyer's Halloween costume to coincide with this event, so I could use his pictures for the invitation.  I am so happy with the way they turned out!
I turned our home into a small jungle for this event, complete with logs on the table and vines from the ceiling. 




The talented Aunt Jackie brought Saw the best looking (and tasting!) smash cake.  I love the little crown on the top.  Apparently Saw did, too, because he ended up deciding to wear it.







It's a good thing Ladybug was there to help Baby Saw open his presents.

Andrew and I were completely overwhelmed at the amount of people who showed up to love on our little guy. He so lucky to have so many people who love him. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us!


And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
Ephesians 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment